Minecraft players everywhere recently gained access to 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two, an update that massively changes Minecraft’s worlds and caves. It’s already time for players to queue up another update, however, as Mojang Studios is now beginning to release Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.1.
This is a simple patch update with a small batch of fixes for the Caves and Cliffs Update, but there are some important tweaks like changing diamond ore generation to match Minecraft: Java Edition, fixing crashes on Android devices, and solving an issue with movement after respawning or sleeping in a bed. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.1 is currently releasing only to PlayStation devices, but will roll out to all other Bedrock Edition platforms over the next few days, likely finishing over the weekend.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made, and holds on to its title as one of the best Xbox games by continually evolving with new features and content. The Wild Update, releasing sometime during 2022, will update Minecraft’s Overworld with new mobs, blocks, and more. As time goes on, we’ll inevitably see more parts of The Wild Update tested in Minecraft betas and snapshots like Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199.
In case you missed it, here are all the changes and additions in 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.1 patch update includes:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying a world backup in certain languages on PlayStation
- Fixed a crash that could occur when chatting and playing on Realms
- Decreased the amount of Diamond Ore that generates to match Java Edition
- Fixed lighting bugs when removing light sources after returning to the Overworld from other dimensions
- Players no longer have problems moving after respawning or getting out of a Bed
- Added a warning prompt explaining potential loss of data when setting File Storage Location to External on Android devices
- Fixed various crashes and storage-related issues with Android multi-user functionality and Amazon Kids / Freetime
- Fixed simulation stopping in multiplayer sessions when other players move away from one player’s render distance
- The teleport command will no longer succeed when ‘checkForBlocks’ is true and the destination is obstructed
- Fixed an issue that could cause a faulty purchase page for Realms when the maximum number of Realms are already owned
- Optimized the Marketplace Inventory screen and improved loading of content images
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.